Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Really, lady?

I awoke this morning at 5:00am because Wednesday is the day we have our manager meeting up at the store. Our genius boss prefers to have this meeting at 6:00am because if we did it during normal business hours like every single other fucking store in the chain we might be interrupted. I shit you not. I drag my ass up to the store and the meeting is pointless as usual. I get home around 7:30 and cook the little woman breakfast, which gives me the chance to break in the Scooby Doo waffle iron I got this past Christmas which I had been dying to use but never had the chance until now. The waffles actually come out looking like little Scooby heads, which I thought was the coolest thing since our Hello Kitty toaster. After breakfast, the wife gets ready for work and I go back to bed. I have to close the store tonight so I have to go back at 2:00.

The day was plagued with idiots. The gold medal goes to the woman who calls me saying that she had a litter of stray kittens back in May that she gave to the dog trainer at the Mesquite store so she could find an adoption agency that would take them. Now she wants to find the cats to make sure they are alright. I told her she is calling the Addison store, not Mesquite. She said she knows that, but she was wondering if I could go look at the cats we have in the store and tell me if I see her kittens. This conversation goes on for about 15 minutes. I tell her that I don't work in Mesquite. I don't know anyone at the Mesquite store. We don't have any fucking kittens, only adult cats. No, the trainer in Mesquite does not also moonlight at our location. We work with different adoption agencies than they do. You will never see your damn kittens again. She finally accepts this fact and hangs up. I hope she finds her kittens. I hope they eat her.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Curse you all!!!! Another damn blog with humor that I like!! I guess when I go to the philippines I'll have to start a blog of my own now... I blame Billy for this shit.

An I hope that lady get eaten by her own kittens too. :)

7:29 AM  
Blogger Corinthian said...

Come blog with us, Tubb. Forever and ever and ever.

9:03 AM  
Blogger Mob said...

One of us, one of us!

"Philippines, day 27: Still raining...ate something that might have once worn a collar for dinner last evening..."

That would be great!

10:34 AM  
Blogger Ellen Aim said...

Even though I heard about the wretched kitten lady that evening, I still loved reading about it!!

7:26 PM  
Blogger Becca said...

Isn't working retail wonderful?

12:05 AM  
Blogger Veloute said...

I love that you two have a Hello Kitty toaster and a Scooby Doo waffle iron.

Yep, not missing retail at all. I am pretty sure this is why I have a phone phobia.

5:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home