Sunday, July 16, 2006

The Sensei and other Tragedies

This was a wicked long week at work. I mean, every night there was at least one crazy person that walked through the door. This includes the girl that came in looking for a little filter insert for a small two gallon fish tank we sell. That is, we sell the fish tank, not the insert she was looking for. She goes on about how she was supposed to be leaving for a cruise but couldn't because she needed this part for her tank and how was her friend supposed to take care of her fish while she was gone without it? She was in tears, literally crying at this point. She asked why we would sell a tank but not the replacement parts that go to it. "Why would you do that? WHY?!?" Like it was some malicious plot we had going on just because we thought it was funny. She also showed me the filter she bought that day that didn't fit and said that she would like a refund on it. The filter was about 12 bucks. A brand new tank to replace the one she had was $19.99. I asked her why she just didn't spring for the extra eight dollars and get a brand new set up. She didn't think that was funny. I told her to go home, get her old tank and bring it back and I would exchange it for a brand new one. She said, "Now I have to go all the way home and come back again? I'm supposed to be going on a cruise right now!" She runs out the door and I haven't seen her again...Yet.

Last night I came home after a long day and found Lady M entertaining her sister. I empty my pockets and pull out a ten dollar bill that belongs in the safe at work. Fuck. The girls offer to go with me to give the money back after I shower and change. We deliver the money and on the way home we pull into a restaurant that Lady M and I favor called BJ's. After dinner we stop at the Movie Trading Company to browse for a minute. I find a copy of Young Frankenstein that I decide I need to own, and the little woman opts for nothing because they don't have Romancing the Stone. That's the deal with Movie Trading Company, though. You can't go in looking for anything specific. That store is such an unorganized mess you just have to go in and see what you find.

When we get home, Lady M's sister heads out and M and I settle in for a movie. A friend of ours was the cinematographer on a film called The Sensei which he gave us a rough copy of and which you can read about on Wine When Drunk From A Mug. The movie was balls out awful, and if I didn't have the little woman there to trade comments with and good supply of beer I wouldn't have made it five minutes in.

Finally, I was able write my Ice Pirates review so be sure and check that out on the Big Suck Loser. After The Sensei and Ice Pirates, tonight I really need a good movie.

5 Comments:

Blogger 4 Non Blogs said...

I don't know if I'd eat at a place called BJ's.

2:34 PM  
Blogger Corinthian said...

It took a recomendation before we tried it. Believe me, we were skeptical at first.

10:10 PM  
Blogger Mob said...

BJ's is down the way from Hooter's, right?

11:19 PM  
Blogger 4 Non Blogs said...

Yea, it's between Spunky's & The Man Hole.

8:39 AM  
Blogger Corinthian said...

Actually, it IS on the way down from Hooters...

6:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home