Thursday, August 03, 2006

Mostly Dork Stuff

Finally, I'm home from work. Today was one of those days where something was always looming over my head just waiting to kill me. I haven't had a cigarette in over five months and haven't really thought about it in a while, but today really made me want to smoke my lungs black and rotten so with my last dying breath I could spit tar on the face of that fucking store. I don't want to get into it right now.

Lady M suprised me the other day with the first season of The Venture Brothers, an Adult Swim cartoon that I love and would marry if I wasn't already spoken for. If you haven't seen it, you really need to check it out. It is a strange amalgamation of the old Johnny Quest toon and The Tick with the guy who played Puddy on Seinfeld doing the voice of Brock Samson. Speaking of The Tick, season one of the cartoon comes to DVD this month. SPOON!

The other day I was able to watch one of my Netflix movies called Tarantulas: The Deadly Cargo; a seventies B-movie that I thought would be kind of like Snakes on a Plane only with deadly spiders. I absolutly love spider movies, mainly because they scare the shit out of me in real life. This movie, however, really didn't do a hell of a whole lot for me. The thing that cracked me up most was the fact that they used two very different looking species of tarantula in this film and tried to pass them off as the same thing. If you ask me, Kingdom of the Spiders still holds the title for best killer tarantula film.

Other than that, the wife and I have been watching the Firefly series. As huge Buffy fans we tried to watch this one a while back and quit halfway through the first episode. I think we were distracted or drunk or something but we just couldn't get into it. We tried again at Lady M's sister's request and this time it is really working for us. It's a really well written sci-fi western hullabaloo with plenty of action and humor to go around. I also just found out that Morena Baccarin, who plays the whore on the show, was cast as Wonder Woman in the upcoming movie.

While we're on the subject of comic book movies, I also just found out that Heath Ledger has been cast as the Joker in the next Batman film. I was really hoping for Adrien Brody because he's a damn fine actor and has the pointiest face in Hollywood, but I guess I'll have to give Heath a chance. Jack Nicholson left some really big clown shoes for you to fill, Mr. Ledger, I hope you're up for the job.

3 Comments:

Blogger Mob said...

The Baccarin gal is gorgeous, I'd check out that film just for shits and giggles.

Hope your weekend is better than the past few days, my friend, it sounds like you've been really stressed.

10:11 PM  
Blogger Corinthian said...

I am a fan of the Baccarin. I also just realized that she probably got the role because Joss Whedon is doing the Wonder Woman film and he seems to use familiar people when casting things.

Thank you for your sympathies, sir. It sounds like we're all in the same boat this week. You have a Guiness for me and I'll do the same for you.

7:41 PM  
Blogger 4 Non Blogs said...

Man, Squidbillies is my favorite new AS show. I guess it's not that new, but it cracks me up.

Unknown Hinson does the voice of Earlie Squid. Earlie...love that name. Anyway, you both should check out Unknown's music. That shit is awesome: http://www.myspace.com/unknownhinson

10:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home