Wednesday, April 18, 2007

How To Make A Monstrosity

In life, I expect a pretty good number of movies to be re-made. Some remakes are done pretty well, such as Dawn of the Dead, The Thing, The Fly, and The Birdcage.
Other films, such as The Fog, The Pink Panther, Planet of the Apes, and Psycho were re-made without reason, and the newer version becomes an abomination serving no purpose except to piss off an entire audience. If the original movie can't be improved upon in any way, then don't bother trying to make it again. Leave it the fuck alone.

I'm talking to you, Rob Zombie. I can't believe the audacity of this man, thinking doing a remake of Halloween is a good idea. If he is such a hard core fan of the genre, he of all people should know better than to go and fuck around with such a classic film. This is proof for me that Mr. Zombie doesn't have an original idea in his head when it comes to making movies.
House of 1,000 Corpses was a blatant rip-off of The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, and The Devil's Rejects was one of the worst movies I have ever seen. I think I might know some people who will disagree with that last statement, but I'm sorry; the dialogue was shit ("I am the devil, and I do the devil's work.") and the "tutti-fuckin'-fruity" scene made me want to rip my eyes out and throw them at the screen. Fuck you, Rob Zombie. Fuck you in your stupid ass.

3 Comments:

Blogger MacGuffin said...

I'll await judgement but the original Halloween is one of my fav horror flicks and I'm hard to impress horror wise, so I'm not expecting much. Personally, I think it's just a money grab.

3:37 AM  
Blogger Blancodeviosa said...

that's funny. guess you told him. what a douche

and yes devil's rejects was the worst 10 minutes i have ever had to sit thru. sheez.... i was almost scarred for life

7:58 PM  
Blogger Malnurtured Snay said...

I just can't believe they're remaking Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan. I'm sorry, but Forrest Whittaker is going to be a lousy Khan.

7:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home