Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Honeymoon part 2

Well, the wife covered the honeymoon pretty well, so I won't get too much further into it. The shops around town were quite interesting, as all of their signs seemed to be hand written and mostly clever. There was an ice cream shop called "Amy's" that had a crudely drawn robot on a chalkboard outside that said, "I'll kill those zombies with my laser beams", followed by "Zombies Vs. Robot" written on the front door. We went into a store called "Toy Joy", which to my disappointment was not a sex shop, but an actual toy store. They had some really cool things, though, from a ninja clock with flying ninja pendulum, to a 'crazy cat lady' action figure and an 'albino bowler' action figure. There was also a shop that was filled with nothing but hot sauce. We went in there for some change for the meter at first. The guy seemed really put out that I interrupted his magazine reading to get some quarters. After I fed the meter, we went back inside and the first thing I did was knock a bottle of sauce off the top shelf and watched it in slow motion as it shattered on the floor. I resisted my impulse to run and instead apologized and offered to pay for the broken bottle. He went to get the broom and dust pan, muttering something under his breath the whole time. He probably put some kind of voodoo curse on me that I don't know about yet. Oh well. Fuck him, he sucks.

Other than that, it's the same old thing. We are getting ready for Christmas at the store, so we are cluttering up the aisles with even more crap than usual. People actually buy their damn pets Christmas presents. Christmas squeaky toys, Christmas rawhide, and Christmas scratching posts for cats in the shape of reindeer. I'm not kidding. Buying that stuff is just going to make your pet feel bad for not getting you anything.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mob said...

My wife will be buying that useless shit that will make up your Christmas bonus, so tread lightly...

Loved the hotsauce story, I could totally see doing that myself.

10:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home