Friday, November 24, 2006

Thanksgiving To The Extreme

Yesterday I had to get up at around 5:30am so I could meet the adoption people up at the store at 7:00 so they could feed and clean the cats. I fell asleep at the desk waiting for them and at 9:00 she wakes me up and we leave. I am supposed to meet my parents at The Browns' house in Garland around noon to have lunch and catch up with everyone. Some of you may have met The Browns at the wedding. They were dressed as the Bushes and find a way to make most conversations a little uncomfortable. They are perfectly nice people, and they mean well, but if you don't know them as well as I do, a visit with them can be close to dental surgery.

So, it's 9:00 and I have three hours to kill. I go to Starbucks and grab a coffee and a newspaper and sit down to do the crossword. I get done with that and look at my watch. 9:30. I decide to say 'fuck it' and go ahead and start my way over to The Browns' house. I stop and pick up some beer and a bottle of wine to show thanks for their hospitality and arrive at their door a little after 10:00. I helped a little in the kitchen, we went through some wedding pictures I had brought, and finally my parents arrived.

Lunch was nice; traditional Thanksgiving spread with polite conversation. Afterwards I went to the couch and fell asleep sitting up whilst my dad and Mr. Brown watched the game on television. After I woke up, I spent a few hours talking with my parents and then started my way over to the wife's parents' house for round two. The dinner conversation was completly different than what I experienced with lunch. Lunch had talks of world issues and Christianity, where dinner had discussions of bi-sexuality and movies. After dinner I watched a little bit of Boyz N Tha Hood until the wife came in and put in Mystery Date. We made it about twenty minutes past the Gwar scene when we decided to call it a night.

Today, we are going to the mall. We'll see how that goes.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ellen Aim said...

You left out the part where you confused 'necrophilia' and 'narcolepsy' and then we all debated on measures a girl might resort to in order to be a successful necrophiliac. That's the wife's family for ya!

7:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home