Wednesday, October 08, 2008

The Most Embarrassing Thing I've Done All Week

After work I went over to the gym to get in a workout and miss traffic simultaneously. I was somewhat excited because I just bought a swim suit the other day so I could try swimming laps as a form of cardio instead of the normal treadmill type stuff I've been doing. I went into the locker room and donned my new trunks, put my glasses in my locker, grabbed my towel and went to the pool. I haven't been swimming in I don't know how long, and I must say...I don't remember it being this hard. By my sixth lap I was exhausted, but made it to the other side of the pool and somehow managed to only swallow three good mouthfuls of pool water on the way. I got out feeling disoriented and slightly sick, grabbed my towel and began to dry off a bit.

Now remember, I left my glasses in my locker, and without them I'm more or less like Velma in the Scooby-Doo cartoons. So I wander into the locker room and make it to the shower area when I start to wonder why the showers are suddenly on the opposite side from where they usually are. I pause for a moment and try and figure this one out when it hits me.

I was in the women's locker room.

Not only was I in the women's locker room, I was in the women's shower area. I spin around and as stealthily and quickly as a pervert ninja I disappear back through the doorway and slink around the corner into the MEN'S locker room. Wondering how they were going to tell me that my membership is revoked for peeping in on the ladies, I changed into my normal workout clothes and walked out onto the floor like nothing happened. I half expected to see a number of women talking frantically with the muscled up trainers and then all turn and point at me as I came out. Luckily, this scenario never came up, and as far as I know nobody saw my blunder. I'm able to live to embarrass myself another day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home