Thursday, July 23, 2009

Let's start again for the first time

I swear, I swear, I swear I am going to keep up with this. I know I've said it before, but this time I mean it.

The wife and I just packed our stuff and moved to Boston. I plan on logging this adventure, which is why I am now so adamant about making an entry more than twice a year.

It all started when the wife got accepted into law school. I asked for a transfer, we sold our house, moved in with the in-laws for about a month, threw the cats in the car and proceeded to make the four day trip.

The trip was actually pretty enjoyable. We broke it up fairly well so we wouldn't subject the cats to too much car time at once, and we got to experience some nice local eateries in the evenings. We got into Boston on Tuesday and made it in to our new apartment. This place is very cool, though I can't get past the hotel feel it has. I say this because it's a high rise apartment. We're on the eighth floor, so we have to take the elevator up to our place. The door is even weighted like a hotel room door. We don't have our stuff yet, either, so living out of a suitcase at the moment doesn't help the feeling that we don't really live here. I think once our furniture arrives and we can sleep in an actual bed it will begin to feel a bit more like home.

I took the train to my new store today to introduce myself and see how easy the train ride would be. I really hate to have to drive to work, mainly because I'd have to go straight through Boston proper, which is just asking for death.

The train was easy and I made it to my store just fine. My new boss actually seems decent, but the store on the other hand is a wreck. Apparently, the manager before him let the store go to shit and beyond, complete with a mouse infestation and some really colorful employees. I'm sure I'll be able to write more about the cashier with the 8" long fingernails and the employee with Tourettes down the line.

Tomorrow the wife wants to study a bit, so I'm going to get out of her hair and explore downtown a little. We'll see how that goes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home