Friday, August 11, 2006

Fish and lice for breakfast

I got a call at 7:30 this morning from the boss man asking if I could come in early. It seems that our fish system went down over night again and this time he had the courtesy to let me sleep through this one. He had apparently been there since 11:30 last night fucking with the system and cleaning up the water on the floor. I get there and he promptly leaves, but not before telling me that there was a pit bull in the breakroom that a Target employee found this morning wandering around in the parking lot and he wants me to do something with it. Thanks, boss. I'll go fuck with the stray pit bull with no tags and see what happens. I called animal control and they came and took the poor creature away.

Around this time, our pet care manager calls. The boss had called her last night about the fish system fucking up and left her a message. I might add that she is out of town for a fucking funeral right now. She goes off on me for him calling her during this emotional time and tells me she can't worry about that shit right now. I agree with her and remind her that I wasn't the one that called but I would pass the word along to he who must not be named.

Now we notice that the aquarium gravel, which we keep under the fish tank system, was all soaked from the previous flood and we had to take all the bags and individually dry them off. The only problem with this plan is that the bags have little holes in them and so the bags were filled with water that smells an awful lot like fish. We do what we can and leave the bags of gravel sprawled on the ground with a fan blowing on them and hope they dry out a bit more.

Then one of my employees comes up and tells me that the vet figured out what has been biting everyone lately. See, a couple of weeks ago, one of my stockers came to work with bug bites all over his forearms and chest. Since then at least two employees a week have shown up with the same thing. It turns out that our rodents that we sell are all infested with some kind of blood sucking lice. The good news is that they may bite humans, but won't stay on us. The bad news is that all of our fucking rodents have them. This is going to involve six weeks of treatment for the little vermin plus sterilization of their cages. I was also granted the privilege of calling anyone who bought one of these fuckers this week and telling them that they need to bring them back to the store for lice treatment.

This was my day. I'm drinking now.

On a random dork side note, Harvey Dent will be a character in the upcoming Batman sequel. No one is finalized to play him yet, but Liev Schreiber is rumored to be up for the role.

3 Comments:

Blogger Mob said...

I'm really feeling for you since all of your work-related posts have a nightmarish 'worst-case-scenario' vibe to them.

9:38 PM  
Blogger Corinthian said...

I get vacation time next week. I'm going far, far away to Wyoming and I'm turning my phone off.

6:26 AM  
Blogger 4 Non Blogs said...

I thought you found a good Filipino restaurant.

11:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home