Thursday, August 10, 2006

Misfit Muppets

Man, it feels like I have been busy lately. I feel like I haven't had time to do much of anything. I watched a couple of movies, one being Zombie Honeymoon, recommended by Skincarver. I have to say it wasn't half bad. I was expecting something more along the lines of The Fly, only the character slowly becoming zombified instead of insectified, but it was entertaining nonetheless. I also watched something called Five Children and It. Lady M put this one on the Netflix list because it has Kenneth Branagh in it, and he's one of the guys that make her go all melty and swoonish. She left the room after ten minutes out of boredom. I got all excited about it because Jim Henson's creature workshop had a hand in this one. I thought I would at least get to see one damn muppet, but the 'It' creature was computer animated. If you're going to get Jim Henson's shop to do something with your movie, there had better be muppets involved, mother fuckers!

Speaking of muppets, the other day, and when I say that I mean, like, a couple of months ago, I was watching my Muppet Show season one on DVD and they did this skit where a group of mops sang a song called Ragg Mopp and it was almost exactly the same thing as Ratt Fink by the Misfits. I checked the liner notes of the Misfits album and nowhere in there does Danzig give the Muppets any kind of credit. Those aren't world changing lyrics there, Glenn, why don't you give the damn mops some kind of song writing credit? Maybe that's why they broke up. Doyle and Jerry wanted to give the Muppets a cut of the profits from that song and Danzig wasn't having it. I know Skincarver is going to leave at least one nasty comment about this, so I'll stop.

I'm trying to figure out my next review for BSL. I'll have some time on Saturday to put something together so stay tuned.

2 Comments:

Blogger 4 Non Blogs said...

Alrighty boyo...ready for some schoolin?
Ragg Mopp by The Ames Brothers was the original. Allan Sherman wrote Ratt Fink as a parody. So you say you've never heard of Allan Sherman? Why yes, yes you have. He was the genius behind "Hello Muddah, Hello Faddah". So the Misfits did a cover of a parody.
That should've caused a ripple in the space/time continuum.

And I love the Muppets almost as much as the Misfits. That's why I couldn't hang with Star Wars I-III.
Muppet Yoda is krieg!!! CGI Yoda sucks balls.

5:52 AM  
Blogger Corinthian said...

Interesting. I knew you'd have an answer. I had no idea about the Allan Sherman original. Damn, I even researched that a little before I wrote about it.

Skincarver, you have the wisdom of Yoda, sir. Muppet Yoda, not CGI Yoda.

6:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home