Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Near Death Experience

Today was my day off and I accomplished absolutely nothing. I had plans to do some packing and a few other things, but I went to this little hot dog hut across the street for lunch and it just about killed me. I don't know why places like that always seem like a good idea even though they always end in near death. I never think, 'I'm not going there, it made me sick last time.' Instead it's 'I got sick last time, but it was really good and I doubt it'll be the same this time.' Lousy hot dog hut. You're going on the 'People To Kill' list hanging above my couch.

If the hot dog hut doesn't kill me, this month will. We are closing on the house on Monday and moving a week from Thursday. Luckily, after all that madness, I get to jump on a plane and go to Wyoming for my vacation and get some down time. It's my grandparent's 60th wedding anniversary and my whole family is gathering for the event up there. Lady M is staying behind and will be fixing up the new house and making it habitable. More on all this as it progresses.

4 Comments:

Blogger Mob said...

You're probably the kind of person who buys a dog in a service station as well, aren't ya?

Of course, this dig comes from a man who can't leave the Metroplex without his Jack In The Box fix, so who am I to judge?

11:18 PM  
Blogger 4 Non Blogs said...

Oh jeesh. Speaking of which...that's exactly what this made me think of. There's a JITB right down the street from where I work. I've gotten the runs so bad everytime I eat there I get religion. "Please Jesus...I promise not to love Halloween more than Christmas ever again."
Notice I said "everytime". I'll crawl back like a hillbilly to a crank addiction.
I've taken to referring to it as "Jack In The Crack".

6:26 AM  
Blogger Corinthian said...

I haven't laughed that hard all week. Half the reason JITB is appealing is that it is not only tasty, but a challenge.

8:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

skinny C, I laughed my ass off, much thanks.

9:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home